Rachel Lambert Photography
Wedding Photography Terms and Conditions
By signing the contract, I/we agree to the following terms and conditions.
In the following terms & conditions “the photographer” shall mean Rachel Williams trading Rachel Lambert Photography. “The client(s)” shall be those persons defined as bride/s and/or groom/s on the booking form. These terms & conditions cannot be varied in any way by the client(s) unless such conditions are expressly agreed by the photographer in writing.
These terms & conditions may be updated with new information as it arises and it is the client(s) responsibility to check for updates, however, the photographer will endeavour to inform the client(s) with any changes.
1. Copyright. Any images or copies of images whether stored digitally or otherwise and any computer program including any source or object code, computer files or printed documentation relating to such images are protected by the Copyright and Design Act 1988. It is contrary to the Act to copy or allow to be copied photographically/electronically or by any other means an image created as part of this contract without the permission of the Photographer in writing.
2. Display. The client(s) hereby allow(s) the main and second photographer to display any photographs covered by this contract and to generally promote the business in advertising, brochures, magazine articles, websites, sample albums etc.
3. Coverage On The Day. Rachel Lambert Photography shall be the exclusive photographer. It is understood that no other photographer (apart from my own second shooter) may be appointed at the wedding while the photographer is working. Guests, family and friends may take their own photographs, as long as they do not interfere with the photographer’s duties. Photographs taken during the course of the event will be at the discretion of the photographer although every effort will be made to comply with the client’s requirements. The photographer shall be granted artistic license in relation to the poses photographed and the locations used. The photographer’s judgment regarding these matters shall be deemed correct. The photographer shall endeavour to photograph all individuals as requested by the client(s) at some point, but no responsibility will be taken by the photographer on the occasion of leaving somebody out. For a booking involving a church ceremony or at certain venues, the photographer’s movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge. The area from which the photographer is able to cover the ceremony may not be the photographer’s choice and the photographer cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case. Due to a variety of lighting conditions and the limitations of digital sensors, some colours may alter throughout a set of photographs. Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure backup equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for photographs that are not produced due to technical failure, or colour variations that are affected by light conditions. If specific group shots are desired, it is the clients(s) responsibility to communicate a list of names to a member of the bridal party to co-ordinate. The photographer is NOT responsible for ensuring all guests are present during group shots, and cannot force anyone who does not wish to be photographed, to have their photograph taken. Although every effort will be made to ensure that the bridal party and guests’ clothing is ready to be photographed It is NOT the photographer’s responsibility to straighten clothing, hair etc.
4. Prices & Payments. A non-refundable booking fee will confirm your booking, as well as full acceptance of the terms and conditions as published on this contract. The booking fee will be deducted from the cost of the client’s chosen package when calculating the final balance due. Full payment of the remaining balance is due 2 months before the wedding day. If full balance isn’t received before the wedding date the photographer will not be expected to show up on the day. Full day coverage is a maximum of 10 hours, additional hours are charged at £200 per hour. All standard wedding packages on the booking form are supplied at the prices ruling on the date of booking. Additional goods (from other suppliers) specified or not specified on the price list are supplied at the prices ruling at the time of receipt of the order. Additional goods ordered must be paid for in full at the time of ordering. All goods remain with the photographer until paid for in full by the client(s)
5. Package Selection. Once you’ve confirmed which package you would like to book, you can upgrade to a higher package at any time, but downgrading to a lesser package must be done no less than 12 months before the wedding day.
6. Albums. You must order your album within 12 months of the date of your wedding, if you order your album after the 12 months there will be additional costs to cover increases from my suppliers. Albums take up to 8 weeks to arrive from the supplier in Italy. Albums are to be collected by the client or can be posted, any postage costs will be charged to the client. Album costs are non-refundable. Album credit will expire 2 years from the date of your wedding, if you wish to order any albums after that date, full payment at the current prices will apply. Your images will be kept on file for a maximum of three years from the date of your wedding.
7. Cancellation Fees. If the client(s) should have to cancel for any reason, the following cancellation fees will become due immediately upon said cancellation: Cancellation one year til the wedding date 25% of the balance, nine months til the wedding date 50% of the balance, six months til the wedding date 75% of the balance, three months til the wedding date 100% of the balance. Where the photographer is able to re-book the date with an equivalent booking then the cancellation fee will be reduced to the booking fee (already paid). It is the client(s) responsibility to obtain suitable insurance to cover these costs. Booking fees are non-refundable and cover all costs incurred leading up to your wedding day including securing your date, administrative tasks, meetings, and planning the photography schedule for the day. Any early/additional payments made prior to your wedding date are non-refundable unless the photographer is able to re-book the date.
8. Changing Your Wedding Date. If the client(s) changes the wedding date for any reason, the same terms apply to cancelling the contract as described above. However, if the photographer is available on the new date, providing this is within 12 months of the original wedding date, the booking fee can be transferred to the new date and a new contract will be issued.
9. Force Majeure. The photographer will endeavour to book another professional photographer in the event they are unable to attend on the wedding date due to any cause beyond their reasonable control including but not limited to the outbreak of infectious or contagious disease/virus, sudden illness, injury, victim of crime, flooding etc. In the event of written cancellation by the photographer, or in the very unlikely event of total photographic failure, liability shall be limited to a full refund of any fees paid (less any costs already incurred – flights/hotels/reccies/admin fees/pre-wedding shoots)
10. Personal Accident and Safety. Any directions issued to client(s) or their guests during a photographic shoot are deemed to be at said person’s own risk. The photographer cannot be held responsible for any personal accidents during a photographic shoot. If the photographer experiences inappropriate, threatening, hostile or offensive behaviour from person(s) at the event, the photographer reserves to right to terminate coverage and this contract, and leave the location of the event(s). In such circumstances, any monies paid will be non-refundable. If the photographer feels that a situation is dangerous to themselves or the client(s), they reserve the right to refuse to partake, or take any responsibility if the client(s) decides to continue with said dangerous activity.
11. Personal Possessions. If the client(s) or their guests ask the photographer to look after or carry items belonging to them, the photographer will not be responsible for said items.
12. Ownership, License, Delivery and Reproduction. All digital negatives (computer files) remain the property of the photographer. The Photographer will choose the best images from the wedding day and will not provide clients with unedited RAW files even in the event of them being requested by the client(s). Please rest assured that the photographer will only show you the best images, and any unappealing (ie: eyes closed, unflattering facial expressions and most definitely, any images that do not meet the photographer’s high professional standard will get deleted immediately). The client(s) will be provided with fully edited high-quality JPEG files suitable for print. High-Resolution Images will be delivered to the client(s) as an online gallery within 2-4 months (subject to workload) from the date of the wedding, and will be available for download for 12 months, it is the client(s) responsibility to download the full set within this time frame. With this gallery, the client(s) may use the image files to produce prints for your family and friends, for personal use only within that group of people. The client(s) does not have permission to re-edit them in any way or make copies for sale, nor will the client(s) authorise any reproductions of the images for commercial use. Please do not share these images with suppliers, the photographer can provide images direct to the suppliers for their marketing purposes, so should they ask for copies, please ask them to contact me directly. The client(s) are personally responsible for communicating the limitations of this contract to any person who receives a copy of this gallery. Any images that the client(s) wish to be re-edited must be requested within 3 months of the date of receipt of the gallery, after that date, the digital negatives will be deleted, and re-edits will not be possible. Edited images are kept on file for 3 years, copies are no longer available after that period of time.
13. Insurance. The Photographer will have suitable public liability insurance, you can download a copy here.
14. Data Protection. None of the client(s) information will be shared with any third party.
15. Overnight Accommodation And Mileage. For weddings more than 2 hours travel from Cardiff, it would be appreciated if overnight accommodation can be organised for the photographer for the night before the wedding. Mileage is charged at 50p per mile for weddings more than a 100 mile radius of Cardiff.
16. Food. It would be appreciated if a hot meal can be provided for the photographer/s.
17. Coronavirus Covid-19. During the current global situation with Coronavirus Covid-19, it is recommended that you check your insurance policy to see what cover you have. In the event of me not being able to attend your wedding due to illness or self isolation, I will endeavour to organise another professional photographer to capture your day, and I will edit their images. If you decide you would like to cancel your contract with me, or if you change your wedding date for a date that I am not available for, and source your own photographer, then Clause 7 as above will apply (however the fees will be reduced to the booking fee only, which is non-refundable). Should you or your venue reschedule your wedding date due to an outbreak of infectious or contagious disease/virus, or closure of the venue by the relevant authority, please see Clause 8 above, however due to the uncertainty of the current situation I will extend this to 18 months of the original wedding date.